Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and a question on poor starting.
Im going to be doing this in the near future. Im still doubtful of a vacuum leak that I might have. Thanks for sharing and good to know you solved your problem.

Cheers!

Hey Fix, big regards!!

(02-01-2015, 09:25 AM)renaissanceman Wrote: So I makeshifted a smoke machine using a peanut butter jar and a pack of cancer sticks and found nothing.

I then jumped terminal 2&4 on the diagnostic terminal intending to check duty cycle of the ISC, and it immediately killed the engine. I found that strange, so I backed the bleed screw out two turns, and the engine was able to run with the jumper in place.

When I checked the voltage across 6&4, it showed a duty cycle of ~80% even with two turns of the screw (!!!!). Turns out that some PO turned the bleed screw all the way closed! Another turn or two out and I was getting 50% duty cycle and very nicely regulated 800 rpm idle.

With the jumper removed, it regulates very well and runs MUCH better. When started hot the rpm jumps to 1200 momentary and then settles at 800 without any hunting! We'll see how it starts cold, but I think this one may be solved.

Hey Fix can I try all this on mine to get it to 800rpm idle or mine changes being a 16v? If its a go I can wait to try it.

REgards.
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduction and a question on poor starting. - by zukitrek - 02-03-2015, 02:33 AM