Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starter on 94 sidekick strange cranking sound
(01-26-2015, 05:32 AM)fixkick Wrote: imagine staring in Siberia with wrong engine oil, and 300 amps sucking.? No, don't live there and certainly not planning too. but for those folks I pity them.
the starter is designed for all places on earth , temperatures and altitude,
it is and analog world and starter.

"heard that overheated cars sometimes "won't turn"
heard? that what? exactly,?
That when they warm up and they ride their car for a short period, engine dies and then they won't sat art until it cools a bit.
won't turn, what does that mean, wont crank, lots of parts turn , but the crank shaft cranks.It does crank and turns it just hard for it to fire. I always mentioned that it crank, but sound was weird and we deducted it to be a bad starter after various tests. But it always turned.
my guess is you read overheated engine may not start and run and sustain running? later, sure! Yes, correct.

sure, engine damage is unlimited, if overheated, ever watch race cars smoke and burn up and seize and engine, and even throw a rod out of crank case? cracked head, blown head gasket, warped head.
what do you think and engine does, with only air for water, (it roasts to death) I know, LOL!!

I think is fuel related somehow. Maybe me messing with float bowl level or something and idle speed. Waited for it "cool" down, raised the idle speed and after some struggling car started again. Turned it off and started right away., You mentioned it before. Carbs are a pain to get them right!!

Ill keep you posted.
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starter on 94 sidekick strange cranking sound - by zukitrek - 01-26-2015, 07:36 AM