Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
93' Sidekick 1.6 16v engine, no spark :(
(05-06-2024, 09:21 AM)Francixco Wrote: Hello!, thanks for the help, I tested the coil and the module, they are good, I'm going to see that the grounds are good, and I'll try it, some time ago I scanned it and it gave me an IAT failure, and this engine doesn't have it, strange..
no spark Recap
sure ground,
the IAT is not important did you know some 1993 have no IAT at all so  of using wrong 93 ECU (not really 93) it will show IAT missing
the IAT has zero to do with spark ever , only super find turning of Fuel rates.

the best test is using a $15 new or used, needle  analog multi meter, in DC VOLTS mode 20v scale  as seen here, see the needle>?
https://www.walmart.com/search?q=analog%...nalog%20mu

and measure the 3  pins of the IGNITER , to see if all 3 read correctly while cranking  a 2 man job sorry, cars are like that.
I use back-probing needles so see the 3 signals. on all cars,  (connectors)

testing. page 8 in FSM,  PDF above.

the 3 pins are
2= 0vdc,  ground black /blue wire,  this most not wiggle.

1=  brown-white,  pulses 12v 0v, 12v repeats , this fires the spark coil via induction method.

3 = base transistor input, OraNGE,  If not pulsing the ECU is dead or CMP is dead

so if pin 3 fails we check the CMP pin for pulsing now. at Distributor pin called CMP out.

that is all you need to find dead spark, if not caused by other pins on ECU dead, (power and ground)

the coil too can be bad, and if say primary open then 12vdc does not reach pin 1 above at all.
the igniter charges the HV coil then release it to make 15,000 volts or more on the spark plugs. (induction coil it is)

that is it, but the results of any test failing is a new path to follow  more  tests.

focus on the Igniter is best. (at arms level it is )
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 93' Sidekick 1.6 16v engine, no spark :( - by fixkick - 05-06-2024, 11:46 PM