Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No spark to coil on '93 kick surprise
So I have been without a zuki for 3 or 4 years. Sold my samurais and my wife wanted another sidekick like she had. I found one in Kansas City that was nearly rust free, barely over 120,000 miles but sat for several years and I bought it sight unseen. It was delivered and I was told that it needed a coil and that was it and I'm sure you guys can guess the rest of the story. Someone had tried to trace a short or something, maybe mouse eaten, I'm not sure. Many of the wires were all pulled out which made it easy to start searching. I'd already bought a coil, put that on, still no spark at the coil. Cranks over strong, no fuel pressure. Found a blown 15A fuse under the FI slot  under the dash fuse block, replaced it and still not sure if the fuel pump is working or not, but I still don't have spark at the coil. Anyone have a suggestion as to what I could check next? I pulled the ECU and it has been redone in 2004 with smaller capacitors the board looked fine so I put it back together and still no spark at the coil. I checked my grounds somewhat, but I found this site and thank goodness it exists. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. I was just hoping for some guidance on the direction to take next. I also have way too many empty connectors as far as I am concerned, but I saw that it is common to have those. but I'll include some photos of those in a different post. I'm no electrical genius by any means, but I can pretty much trace wires, which is what I'm starting to do this morning.

Messages In This Thread
No spark to coil on '93 kick surprise - by KcZuks - 04-07-2024, 12:38 AM