Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X90 "clutch position switch" Questions
(09-28-2021, 03:46 PM)maint Wrote: The Suzuki cable showed up today. I compared the two and the new one is maybe 1/4" longer between the end that is threaded and the rubber flange [with all slack pulled to that end]. Everything else is identical. Biggest difference is now I can adjust the clutch (plus stop & bent bracket) to work. The pedal is a bit more than a 1/4" above the brake pedal with 3/4"  free play and there is, at most, 1/4" of thread showing at the clutch lever nut. But it works! Oddly, it settled in as I had a helper operate the clutch and kept adjusting the nut. Good advise to replace cable to a known good one.
Next worry is a small chirping produced when the clutch is disengaged and motor running. Too quiet to record on the phone and maybe only noticeable because it is on a lift in the shop. Will need to watch it for a while.
great news.
yes the cable is a pain to adjust, with all that cable internal friction it makes it hard for humans to feel what is going on ,and for sure old cable, worn and or rusty inside.
and yes 2 persons help here,  !

the clutch must fully disengages at 1' stroke after slack is gone,  this is the only thing that maters. to gain having a no drag clutch.
the J18 is 3/4" of slave piston movement, I tell this to see I did that too.

the most hard clutches are the non linear ones inside the bell, (overhea damage caused)  unlimited queerness possible in the area.

good luck to you and happy trails.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
X90 "clutch position switch" Questions - by maint - 08-23-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: X90 "clutch position switch" Questions - by fixkick - 09-29-2021, 02:58 AM