Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head
(07-21-2021, 12:37 AM)fixkick Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 03:25 PM)Peter Wood Wrote: Good Morning,

In the process of re-assembling the head and noticed that I don't have an oil venturi plug!  (Not sure if I lost it or it wasn't there)   I've found a place to buy unless anyone has a quick and easy solution?

Is the venturi supposed to be flush with the head surface, or protrude a little through the gasket or... what?

Many thanks for help.
yes must be there
no it is not on the surface at all it is hex key (allen) orifice plug , just tiny hole in the screw. '

it has 1 purpose,
if the cam shaft breaks in half (or anything you imagine)  this ORIFICE prevent starvation and the robbing  of RODS and  main bearings, and only head damaged and not total engine destruction.. BEST I KNOW.
not only that but the head leaks lost of oil on purpose to keep valve stems lubed and rocker lubed too. so must be controlled.

0.050? orifice,  50 thou. metric hex allen (CCW out , CW in , right hand threaded)
use a bright light and look in the hold , see it ?  it will not fall out.

it is not a venturi, just clean cylinder hole, not shaped like a real venturi. (hour glass shape no)

good luck with that head
sorry for late,  host  was down I guess.

Thanks for the advice.

On further inspection, there IS something down that hole and it takes a hex key, but it doesn't budge, I'll snap the key before moving it.  So I guess it has been locked in or overtightened.  It's about 5-6 threads down inside the hole. and has a small hole in the center, so I guess that's it?  Looks very deep in?

Am I correct, the oil for head lubrication is forced UP the block through the hole that this venturi sits above? Or is it a drain?  It seems that the head gasket hole, through which the oil passes, copper ring, is all that stops oil from leaking out.  Nothing else?

Hoping to start re-assemply this weekend.  Appreciate your kind advice.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by Peter Wood - 07-15-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: 16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by fixkick - 07-21-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: 16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by Peter Wood - 07-24-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: 16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by fixkick - 07-24-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: 16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by fixkick - 07-24-2021, 10:58 PM
RE: 16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by fixkick - 08-02-2021, 11:51 AM
RE: 16v Oil venturi in Cylinder Head - by fixkick - 08-02-2021, 09:51 PM