Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car
Thank you for reply,

To overcome the differences like you said that 89-90 has vacuum advance hose and 91+ has not, yes I solved that by using old hose splitter to create the same ported vacuum on a distibutor. So my old ECU will get the same data as has before, then you mentioned that old ISC worked on 6 Ohm and new is 12 Ohm, for me I am not expert, but when I looked up in my old notebooks from school, I calculated that old ISC unit was taking 2 Amps 12V from the system and new one will be taking current 1 Amp 12V, but voltage stays the same, and that was very good point you mentioned that.

And why do you think that distributor will not work? it is the same firing order and ok maybe I have to play with the timing set up instead of minus 8 defrees before I will have to come up with different approach, but as far as I know if camshaft is running clockwise and distributor gear is running anticlockwise its the same on both 89-90 and 91+ engines and they should have the same speeds /same number of teeth and diameter/, I do not see any reason why I could not get any spark in the right order to the cylinders they should be identical.

Thank you for your advice

Messages In This Thread
RE: suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car - by pablo4444 - 12-29-2020, 07:51 PM