Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car
Hello. I need to replace whole unit because about a year ago I noticed that coolant fluid was dissapearing /1 hour driving 1 litre coolant gone aprox figure/ Also high idle speed /10 seconds 2100, 1 minute 1500 and finally 1300 when hot engine/ I started to look for the problem. First I pressured the system using cooling system test pump with gauge while engine was cold, Ive noticed minor leak on one radiator hose and replaced it for new one. But still coolant needed to be topped up after couple of hours driving. So I figured out that there may be a cracked head, head gasket or manifold, as well as leaky water pump. I took out head, went to shop to have head pressure tested and then surface machined /in case it was warped/ I had feeling that coolant is maybe fed to the piston area or to the oil compartments of the engine due failed head gasket or structural crack on the head. Head came back tested and no cracks has been found, so I replaced gasket, and started to put back intake and TB. First I cleaned everything and by doing so I found crack on the bottom side of the intake manifold exactly where the coolant runs and the crack has been so extensive that after I cleaned the whole area I noticed, that its about 7cm long /2,7 inch/ And then it all maked sense to me I had also issues with high idle speed /I tried everything from this forum set the correct idle speed every test Ive read I tried, new vacuum hoses, new intake gasket, tested all sensors, replaced map sensor cleaned EGR and everywhere new gaskets, timing set, valve lashes but nothing helped/ So the false air has been comming from the cracked gasket, and also I could not see the coolant dripping under the car, because it has vaporised from the hot intake manifold when engine was running. Ok my next idea was that I just need to replace the intake manifold and I will put the old TB on top of that and job done, but unfortunately I double checked all sensors and I found that injector is not spraying fuel properly just dripping, and that is the reason I am replacing the whole TB. I am trying to save this car from scrapyard, because its been many years part of our family and it never let me down out there, and sometimes its been rough.

Ok I am think that I will try to copy exactly the wires and connectors from the old unit and put it on new unit as this is my only hope at this point. And if ECU will go dead then I will replace it with 91+ ecu and put the wiring back like it was before, and then give it a try.

Oh and just last question. Please do you know the position of the wires /top and bottom its vertical/ from the ISC socket /black 2 pins/ on 91+ unit? On old unit its green and red, I just need to know which one is on top of the socket. Thank you very much

Messages In This Thread
RE: suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car - by pablo4444 - 12-29-2020, 06:15 AM