Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car
(12-29-2020, 04:36 AM)pablo4444 Wrote: I have suzuki vitara /escudo sidekick tracker/ with engine G16A 8v 1,6 59Kw 80ps 4wd manual 5 gears transmission 2 doors ET TA cabrio /convertible/ year manufacture 1990 no AC. I have to replace /swap/ the old intake manifold along with throttle body for a newer generation intake and TB . Unfortunately, I have a difficult time find some old parts that match exactly the specs of my old unit, The closest I have found and bought from scrapyard is 91+ intake and throttle body unit. I have connected all tubes water air vacuum, no problem at all , but I am now standing in front of  last obstacle. 

On old unit  89-1990 I have 6 pin square white connector with 4 wires /pink white green black/ going from TPS and 2 wires /green red/ comming from ISC. And then I have 2  wires /yellow red / comming from injector and those are ended up with white 2 pin plastic connector. In engine area all connectors have been allways connected, 6 pin white and 2 pin white connector /not speaking of other sensor wires those are sorted out/

The new unit 1991+ wiring is bit different /simpler has only 6 wires/  it also has 4 wires /same color as old unit/ comming from TPS to the 6 pin square white connector /gold color plated pins/ but other 2 wires are comming directly from injector also to the remaining 2 pins of the 6 pin connector /silver plated pins/, and there is not another 2 wire cable from injector?

Maybe you can help me with this.
 Can I just leave it like this and plug only 6 pin or do I have to create /take 2 wires with 2 pin connector from old unit/ and bridge connection between two wires that come from injector to 6 pin connector and connect it that way?

Or my second idea is to cut two wires from 6 pin connector / comming from injector/ and fix them to 2 pin old plastic connector and then create a new 2 wire connection between iISC socket /mounted on the ISC unit black plastic with 2 pins silver plated/  to previously cutted off 2 positions on the 6 pin connector, so that the wiring will be exactly the same as on old unit. 

I will be very happy if you can give me  your opinion. I am optimistic it can be done somehow because its the same simple engine and almost the same intake and throttle body.  Also I am sorry english language is not my normal language. Thank you
the gen1 and Gen 2 parts are very different 89-90 to gen 2, 91 to 95 USA.
I guess you needed the manifold only or just the TB or both,  what was needed,? or bad before. So I can see whats up.

the old ECU may not  like 2 things, wrong injector and wrong ISC .

different injector
and injector TPS  set wired different,
the ISC on the old car is 6 ohms and new is 12, so using wrong ECU can blow up this transistor for ISC line.

here is my pageS on this.   You are correct the large 5in plug is wired not the same 90/91 (gen1/2) transition.

I guess you seen my  schematics here
gen 1 (((( page 2) 89/90

gen2; (91+) page 11 shows the 6 pin  plug:

DIFFS:

https://fixkick.com/specs/89-diffs.html

cheers,  happy new year.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: suzuki intake and TB swap from 91+ to 89-90 car - by fixkick - 12-29-2020, 05:23 AM