Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you ID these 98 Tracker parts?
3waggintails

most times the AMP is not bad, just bad testing
the YELLOW parts are AIRBAGS yellow means DO NOT PLAY HERE OR DIE,  ever eat and air bag,  at 0 inches from your head?  don not touch those until battery lug minus pulled for 1hour..
the FSM covers that fully all that.
the 96 GM tracker book is in post #1 sticky,  and the pages on all things in the dash are there, every single part, identified, if you RTM there. need  link?
that OP black box has a  sticker on the the otherside, and i can look that up in 5 min flat for what it is, have them all here, 89-2005 parts lists full.
The OP cars 98 has vast block boxes, AMP, ABS, Airbags, door locks, window controls, park lockout,cruise control, TCM (if 4sped automatic trans) and more lots more  , main relay and fuel pump relay bracket at heater casing  and yeah ECU lift side.
left side has  Cluster buzzer alarm box?, now moved (like seat belts not fastened etc) I will show a real link to what you want to know today.
Vitara's has immobilizer box (in Europe?), and some sidekicks dealer installed or POE, alarms installed too. (tricky that)
--------------------------AC---------------------------------------------------

the tests on AMP are easy.
The AMP does a few things, let me tell that now
keeps AC off when too cold out,  no compressor damage, and when that cold the AC is dead anyway and wastes fuel.
keeps AC evap core from, ICE UP FREEZE up, using 1 sensor there.
keeps the AC off if Freon pressure is to high  or low, not wrecking the Compressor for either.
shuts off AC if engine overheats, why blow up good engine not doing this.??  the tests for it are simple. (AMP goes dead if this is bad,  if the sensor is bad, AMP goes dead by DESIGN) super common and 1 simple test. ASK, PM me.
PCM tells amp to shut off AC if engine is WOT, why cut engine power passing a logging truck and fail, why? 95HP is what you want not 90. YAH
Amp tells ECU to set hot idle from 800 RPM to 1000 so engine keeps cool with that huge head load up front, saving engine from stress and way batter CaB cooling at stop lights.
Amp = AC master processor , NOBODY KNOWS true name but I do know how to test it. sure do, got a $20 DMM voltmeter easy as pie.. SEE THIS at 98 section.
PM me and can tell how to test any AMP. (just  in minutes with  voltmeter)

8a -201-6 LOST THAT?    is what to read.in FSM ACKFAQ 96 GEO TRACKER post one this forum.

but I have  a page called FIND all relays.
and on that page is 98,  if 95 back see that same page.
https://fixkick.com/power-elect/Relays/relays.html

see page 7? here.  connector 12 is AMP,  connector 1 is alarm far right side, moved in 1996 from hard left to hard right.side.

there are vast things not connected on any car, if not opted DAY1 new.  that is a fact and why owning  FSM real works not fake from Chilton or missing pages or missing volume 2..

I was asked to make  relay page 13 years ago and did, almost forgot that.

ok I revised the drawing , seen here now for you and OP, the AMP in parts lists only show up in AC pages, not here, so I added this comment,

[Image: dG2rkMf.jpg]
if your car has no DRL , NO ABS .bags then those connectors are blank or missing. (suzuki has like 25 harness and x10 that world wide on VITARA;' the true name of car.

AC AMP.
actual, bingo I guess your tag is worn clean? that is the DENSO number not GM , not suzuki .
[Image: 3WAxEog.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Can you ID these 98 Tracker parts? - by Dewmore - 02-16-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Can you ID these 98 Tracker parts? - by fixkick - 03-04-2020, 12:29 AM